A sad incident happened to a dog called Petey. His dog owner, Christina Young, had to suffer from the pain of losing her dear dog. It is really a regular fault that happens to a lot of canines.

The accident occurred when Christina’s partner, Christian, arrived at the house searching for Petey to welcome him with a wagging tail like he always does.

However, when he entered their home, he didn’t find him and was alarmed. But, when he arrived at their home, he didn’t find him and was scared. He looked everywhere till he saw Petey dead on the floor with a bag over his head.

So, how did Petey die because of a bag of chips?

As indicated by Christina, Petey was choked to death because of the bag of chips. She shared the following on a Facebook post.

“He was able to get them off the counter and we will forever blame ourselves for leaving them out. He ate every chip out but, of course, went back for crumbs. Christina said

Firstly, Christina didn’t have any idea why Petey couldn’t get the bag off of his head so she explored to discover the explanation and discovered this is normal. Actually, around 3-5 pet suffocations are accounted for consistently. She kept searching and found that 42% of those occur while the owner is in another room.

Read More: Was Brooke Houts Who Shoved, Spat on, and Beat Her Doberman Dog Because He Was being Playful Arrested?

A Dog Choked to Death Because He Tried to Eat the Crumbs in An Empty Chip Bag |

The ideal time for a dog to totally suffocate is around 3 minutes where their oxygen drops to deadly levels. This was actually what happened to Petey. His head was caught inside the bag of chips. He kept on breathing each time that he needed to relax. Therefore, the bag became more tightly making him choke until he died.

“With there being nothing left inside, every time he would go for more he would inhale, making the bag tighter and tighter around his head ultimately resulting in suffocation” Christina said

Any type of bag can be a reason your dog to choke and pass away.

So, how do Christina and Christian feel about what happened to Petey?

Christina and Christian reprimand themselves for what happened to Petey. They will feel thusly for the duration of their lives despite the fact that they didn’t realize that a pack can cause demise. Christina even finished her Facebook present with a request on all dog owners so this accident could never happen to any pup.

“So I just ask that in honor of my boy, Petey, that you be extra careful, warn other dog owners, and give your fur babies some extra love today and every day after this.” Christina said

A Dog Choked to Death Because He Tried to Eat the Crumbs in An Empty Chip Bag |

She added to her plea a prayer to all dog owners

“I pray none of you ever have to experience your heart breaking this way. We love you papas; you were the best boy in the whole world, and we will remember our good times forever.” Christina added

The story went viral and got 436,000 shares.

Another significant tip to stop your dog from suffocating to death is by opening the bottom of any bag so they wouldn’t choke.