Coco wasn’t honored enough in her life. However, she will always be remembered as courageous. The little Chihuahua passed away in an explosion after getting into a burning van to rescue her family.
Dan and Cara Farrant were driving their four kids and their dog up to Scotland from their home in England when smoke started coming out of their car engine.
Dan pulled the van over in parking as the fire started to lick from below the hood.
He got his kids and Coco to safety before flames made their way to the cabin. But, as the fire got worse, the mechanical systems in the van was damaged, and the doors were shut.
Dan’s wife and the kid stayed stuck in the inferno.
“I remember looking in [and] I thought it was too late,” Dan said
See More: Bait Dog Dumped In Container At Shelter
“I will never forget the look and never forget the screaming at this point,” he added. “Also, I remember turning around and the flames were the full height of the windscreen just behind me.”