A quick action turned the scary moment to a happy ending! It was a scary moment in Texas when a dog’s leash was caught in an elevator door.
The dog was so lucky as passerby Johnny Mathis was in right place when this happened, and saved him.
The dog in the video was with a woman waiting for the elevator, but when they entered, he went out and the door closed, while his lease was inside the elevator! But fortunately Mathis instantly helped the dog.
“There was so much fur, that’s why it took me a bit to get that lever off of the collar,” Mathis told CNN. “And when I did, I let go, you could see that leash just shoot off to the top of the elevator.”
Video Source :KHOU 11
He tweeted that as soon as the door closed, the woman was screaming and once it back down she started to yell as she thought the worst!
Read more: You Can’t Keep Ty Tied To One Place For Long
Mathis added that the woman received adverse reactions over the accident but it wasn’t her fault, everything happened so quickly.
He wrote: “I did what I had to do to help the pup,” Also added, “I’m thankful I was there at the right time to help.”
Mathis is advising all pet owners to stay cautious while getting into elevators.